Tuesday, August 28, 2012

24 Weeks AKA 6 MONTHS!! AHHHH!


How far along? 24 weeks 4 days! 

Total weight gain: Still up almost 4 lbs!

Maternity clothes? Still haven't used the Bella band but mainly bc its been so hot I have been in shorts and dresses. Pretty sure its necessary for the majority of my jeans now.

Stretch marks? No stretch marks yet thank goodness!! I talked to a ton of girls at the wedding we went to this last weekend and they all said they didn't get stretch marks...at least with their first! Fingers crossed!

Sleep:?  So exhausted these days that I have been pretty much sleeping just fine. We were in Tahoe for 4 days so I never sleep as well in a hotel room but overall not bad. I do wake up to the little guy kicking a lot, but luckily (for him) it doesnt keep me up!

Best moment this week: Being 6 months pregnant!!!! I just can't believe it and I finally feel like I REALLY am pregnant. Our little guy is kicking up a storm all the time and I am actually starting to be able to feel where he is in my belly (like low, high, on the right, sitting directly on bladder etc). Its so exciting and it just makes me even more anxious to finally meet our sweet little boy! We definitely spend a lot of time playing him music in the mornings and talking to him these day i.e. "what are you doing awake at this hour?"!!!! 
"Who do you think you are kicking your mommy like that?!"
" How will you ever repay me for the months of carrying your free-loading little body around, etc??" 
...you know, stuff like that.

Anyway, we went to Tahoe for Joey's best friend Steves wedding and had such a blast! The weather was out of control beautiful, the wedding was gorgeous and SO sweet (yes I cried quite a few times) and we had a great time with all of our friends. Joeys parents went to the wedding too which was a lot of fun because we got to spend some quality time with them and talk the baby talk! 

It was a super busy weekend but we had plenty of time to eat out on the water, take a boat out on the lake, and dance up a storm at the wedding. Plus, there were so many girls my age who had adorable babies with them at the wedding, Joey and I spent an abnormal time ohhhing and ahhing over how precious they were and soaking up all the advice they had. Pack and Play anyone??? 

Anyway,  it was SO nice to chat with all these couples who are in the same boat as us and who LOVE being parents! Literally, every single one of them said that being a parent is the best thing in the world!! We also got the dish on a few of our friends who may be heading down the same road as us soon, which I cant wait for! Anyway, it was a super fun weekend and  I was so glad to be a part of such fun festivities!

Miss Anything? Nope! Enjoying feeling the little guy kick so much its hard to really care about anything else! And seriously I think talking to all these girls at the wedding made me realize even more how special of a time this is and I already feel like this was the best decision we've ever made in our lives! Oh wait, did I not say I miss margaritas? I MISS MARGARITAS!

Movement: ALL THE TIME! This is by far the best part of pregnancy so far. Joey, my mom, Steph and a few of the girls at the wedding have now all felt him kick! Its hard to miss these days!

Food Cravings: HUMMUS and SRIRACHA. TRUE FOOD. BBQ chicken salad is out, Fred's is back in. Chipotle has been making a few guest appearances in my diet as well.<------------------TRUE DAT

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just realized I have only taken ONE nausea pill today. This is big folks.

Gender: BOY! Boooyaah!

Labor Signs: Negative.

Symptoms:  Back pain is starting to happen a lot. Feeling a little large and in charge but overall I'm good!!!

Belly Button in or out? This belly button of mine is def on his way out. I am constantly examining him and am feeling the need to dignify him with a name. Roy perhaps?

Wedding rings on or off? ON!!!!

Happy or Moody most of the time: This IS the happiest I have ever been!

Looking forward to: Texas this weekend for another beautiful wedding with friends! Going to Austin (which ive never been to) and am excited to check it out! I hear they have an awesome downtown area and some good grubbin. BBQ COME AT ME! 

Also, just looking forward to the rest of this pregnancy! Someone told me at this point you either love or hate pregnancy and are willing/not willing to do it again. I would TOTALLY do this again. But maybe you should ask me again in a month or two.

Oh and next Tuesday we get to see the little guy at our appointment! CANNOT WAIT!

BTW, I know this site is super hard to comment on so if anyone wants to contact me directly my email is alexnacol@gmail.com :)






I happen to love rehearsal dinners and we had a BLAST!

Beautiful lake tahoe!


The beautiful venue and couple!


my hubby and all the boys!

We even made it up early to watch the sunrise over the lake. I love tahoe. the lovely couple!



oh boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment