Monday, December 3, 2012

38 weeks! Fo real?



How far along? 38 weeks 4 days! 

Total weight gain: Gained half a pound instead of my normal pound to a pound and a half. Hey its progress folks, every single article I read says I should be losing weight or at least not gaining anymore.

Maternity clothes? I have about 5 tops that fit now and about 5 more that are inappropriate and awkward but I wear anyway. 

Stretch marks? Nope thanks goodness. Not in the clear yet though. 

Sleep:? 
Joey and I literally stay in bed until 11ish on the weekends, I think we are just soaking up as much time as we can before we are running around with Carter like chickens with our heads cut off. Sleeping is super uncomfortable but only because I have to get up a million times to pee and it is SO hard getting in and out of bed. I know boo hoo, at least we are racking up a sleep  surplus! My dreams have been totally insane, especially since we set up the bassinet in our room. I am constantly dreaming about labor, going into labor, the doc telling me I still have a month to go and the baby weighs 1 lb, etc. so fun!

Best moment this week: Getting everything all set up for Carter! His nursery is pretty much completely done and we have almost everything for him now aside from a few things that are shipping as we speak. I am definitely in nesting mode but for me nesting is more like decorating, arranging and online shopping. My mom gave us the amazing gift of having our huge house deep cleaned from top to bottom this Saturday so Joey and I thrilled that we don't have to get down on our hands and knees and scrub anything.

Not only have I been psycho-decorating Carters room but I have also been psycho decorating our room and downstairs. I just want the house to be set up before we are fully immersed in baby. Joey has been amazingingly helpful and calls us the interior decorating team of Cefalu & Cefalu as we spend so many nights hanging things and moving pictures around. We have always been a happy couple that has a blast together but this pregnancy has really made us even more of a team and sometimes I just can't believe I am so blessed that I married a man who cares so much about me, always makes me laugh and I have fun with even at somewhere miserable like DMV.

I have also done a significant amount of Christmas shopping, wrapped and put them under the tree, Joey hung the lights and stockings are up so the Cefalus are prepped and ready for the holidays and Carter to come! 

Miss Anything? Doesn't feel right to complain when this is so close to being over.  But we did buy 2 bottles of champagne for the delivery room and I can't say that I'm not salivating already for that first glass! 

Movement: Constantly moving around trying to get comfy cozy in there but the guy is clearly running out of room. Poor little Carter...but really poor Carters Mommy!

Food Cravings: Fred's is amazing, I am not ashamed to say we ate there 4 times last week.  Frozen raspberries and pregnancy tea are a multiple time a day occurrence.  I am all about hot chocolate and mass amount of whip cream. True Food will always be my number 1.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Waffles with maple syrup. But I love them!

Gender: BOY! We are having a son!!!

Labor Signs: Braxton hicks and/or contractions every day/night. They

Symptoms: Back pain, bloating, my face is officially swelling along with every other part of my body, braxton hicks,  EXHAUSTION, all the super super fun stuff!

Belly Button in or out? outtie 500.

Wedding rings on or off? ON!!!!

Happy or Moody most of the time: I am in crazy land state of excitement for the next few months and basically the rest of our lives. Pair this with the uncomfortableness of being almost 10 months pregnant and I am kind of big emotional nutcase who blasts holiday music every where I go and always has a stain on the belly of my shirt. I am positive I have never been more attractive to Joey between the grunting every time I get up, the inability to directly put food into my mouth without spilling and my refusal to take off my floral grandma nightgown that I wear everynight. But hey- I couldnt be happier!!!  

Looking forward to: Meeting our little man, holding him , kissing him and loving him and seeing Joey be a daddy, although winston would argue that he already is!!  and the holidays, of course! Cant wait to have a christmas cocktail!!

Our adorable stockings and hubby hanging the lights!
 my going home from the hospital outfit!!

 Look how in love Joey is with the beagle! How can he say no!






No comments:

Post a Comment