Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 18!!



How far along? 18 weeks 3 days!

Total weight gain: I'm officially even with where I started the pregnancy! Its weird because I feel a million times bigger but you can't argue with a scale. Well, not to say I havent tried a few times when my weight has increased rapidly. BUTTTT  went to the doctor and he was happy with my weight gain and said to continue to expect to put on 1/2 a pound to a pound a week now.

Maternity clothes? everything is SO tight! Tried to order the bella band online but I felt nervous about the sizing so I am going to try to pop by one of the maternity stores soon! Plus I have SO many wedding events coming up in the next month I will definitely need some dresses for the weddings and rehearsal dinners so I'm sure I can find a few other things.

Stretch marks? No but I have been living breathing and bathing in Mustela. Joey had never heard of stretch marks on stomachs so I google imaged it for him (aren't I a kind and thoughtful wife??) and in the process ended up traumatizing both of us. I have now had nightmares about stretch marks and just completed an order for another bottle of Mustela tonight even though I am not even 1/4 of the way through my current one. What if I run out before the new arrives???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as you can tell, I am handling all these pregnancy discomforts/potential discomforts well.

Sleep:? Belly is now big enough to start bothering my sleep so I just ordered a pregnancy body pillow that is supposed to help. Its actually kind of hilarious because it stretches all the way around me from head to toe so I look like im sitting in a donut. Which actually sounds amazing and tasty. Mmmm donuts. Anyway, I was a little hesistant to buy it because Joey and I will now have a blockade the size of Texas between us but I'm going to try not to use it every night. Plus I have a feeling Joey, I and Winston will all wake up spooning the pillow.

Best moment this week: Going to the doctor!!!!!!!! Well the day we went to the doctor started off crappy as I was rushing out of the house, dealing with a million things at once, and I backed the new car into our garage door completely destroying it!!  i basically had a pregnancy meltdown in the backyard and sobbed about how stupid I was and how pregnancy brain was taking over my life. I couldn't even get the car out of the garage because it was jammed half up/half down.  Luckily for me, Steph, my hero, came and picked me up and listened to me sob while she took me to the gym to calm down. She is amazing! But really, it was quite the fiasco and my hormones sure didnt help matters. Buttttttttt the rest of the day greatly improved when we went to the doctor. and I regained my self control. Ish.

ANYWAY.......Our little peanut is officially A BOY! We are having a SON!!!! How exciting is that?? I always wanted a boy first but I figured that since I was a such a hormonal insane teenager, karma would dish me out some pretty crazy girls before I ever got a boy. Maybe I wasn't so bad after all? I have a feeling my mom is screaming from Portland "yes you were!!!!!"

So, I went a little crazy on the doctor and printed out a 2 page list of all my questions for him in addition to a play by play of every morsel of food and drink that enters my body. Serves him right for making me wait a month in between appointments. He said the baby looks perfect, my diet is perfect (So i dont want to hear anymore about eating/not eating this or that), and I am just altogether the most perfect patient he has EVER seen!!! Well thats what I heard anyway. But things are progressing exactly as they should.

Its starting to feel real now and I really cant express how overjoyed I was to hear that all my worries were for nothing. WERE HAVING A BABY!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!

Miss Anything? working out and not being exhausted. Bloody marys big time and looking forward to plane rides because of cocktails on the plane.

Movement: I really think I felt him kick a few times! For real this time! It was much softer than before and right where my uterus is. I hope I keep feeling it! Also, they say he can start hearing things now and will get startled at loud noises!that kind of makes me sad- I hope he doesnt get scared in there when Winston barks OR Joey yawns (2 noises that are equally loud and obnoxious).


Food Cravings: HUMMUS and SRIRACHA. Tart Fro-yo. Anything greek yogurt. Ketchup, lots of it.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I havent thrown up since last week!!! WAHOO! Joey says not to say anything and jinx it but I can't help but be excited. I am still nauseous and can't stop taking the pills but I havent had a full fledged episode in a while. That really is cause for celebration!

Gender: BOY! Boooyaah!

Labor Signs: Negative.

Symptoms: Cramping, some nausea still but thats about it.


Belly Button in or out? Still weird looking. Not loving it.

Wedding rings on or off? ON!!!!

Happy or Moody most of the time: A clam!

Looking forward to: Our 20 week appointment in a week and a half which is a much more detailed ultrasound and we get to hopefully get some super cute pictures of the little guy! Also fun weekend ahead of dining in laguna with liz and her mom, Saturday brunch with Rochelle and the girls and then San Diego for Will and Stephs bday party! Busy busy!


Pics from the weekend and of the baby boy!








 Saturday brunch with the girls!

 Steph and Wills bday party in SD!
 The happy couple!!
Those crazy boys! 





My new ridiculous body pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment